|The Greeny Channel|
The Greeny Channel logo (2013-)
February 12, 1988
Country of Origin
Enjoy the Greenytoons.
In 1987, TGC gave rights to FOX, Nickelodeon, Sony, Disney, WB, MGM, Universal, Paramount, and PBS Kids for creating cartoons and Live-Action shows designed for Kids and adults. 1 year later, the prelaunch of TGC shows a montage of classic cartoons and classic Greenytoons. And thus, The Greeny Channel is born.
The Greeny Channel Widescreen/HDEdit
The Greeny Channel Widescreen launched in February 2000. Is uses in Letterbox instead of Pan and Scan because the widescreen launched. Later, The Greeny Channel HD is Launched in January 2005.
The Greeny Channel's 20th Anniversary Party (2008)Edit
In 2008, The Greeny Channel celebrates its 20th anniversary party by showing a 5 hour marathon of Greeny Phatom, a 2 hour marathon of Geo's World, and ends with a 30-minute episode of The Daniel and Cindy Show.
The Greeny Channel Rainbow SateliteEdit
The channel was aired Worldwide except in the USA, and was launched on September 9, 1990. As time goes by the channel reaches more cities, more countries, around the world like so it comes bigger, then ever with The Giant Rainbow Satelite. And Thus, Giant reach from The New Greeny Channel Rainbow Satellite was launched worldwide. The logo looks like the 90s GMA Network logo
The block airs some computer animated and live-action shorts at various times on The Greeny Channel during the schedules.
- Program 33's Animals
- Flying Logos
- Grinning Evil Death
- Burning Love
- Styro II
- More Bells & Whistles
- National Film Board of Canada's Anniversary (1989)
- Slide Show
- Mandel Zoom
- Computer Home
- Monkey Business
- Kroyer Films' Technological Threat
- Pixar's Luxo Jr.
- Pixar's The Adventures of Andre and Wally B.
- Pitagora Switch
- PBS Kids 1995-2000 Interstitials (Greeny Jr. only)
- YouTube Videos and Music Videos
- Toy Story Treats (The Greeny Adult Channel)
- Backkom (South Korea only)
- Minion Mini-movies
- 1994-2000 2009–2013 Claymations era Idents
- 2000-2004 Splats Era Idents
- 2004-2007 City Era Idents
- 2007-2013 Splats 2nd Era Idents
- 2013- Gift Era Idents
- Greeny Phatom
- Geo's World
- Hev's World
- Luke City
- Luckie The Cute Girl Mouse
- World of Jake
- Jake's World
- Geo City
- Stink's World
- Earthy's World
- The Daniel and Cindy Show
- Greeny LOL
- Finley's World
- Gree Yoshi
- The Jan and Jason Show
- Daniel's World
- Danny City
- The World of Greeny Phatom (2006-)
- Brody's World
- The Geo Team (1991-)
Want a full list? See here.
Greenytoons (formerly ToonWorld from 1988-1995)Edit
The block was seen on weekdays at 3:00pm until 6:00pm PT/ET, friday nights at 4:00pm until 8:00pm PT/ET and saturdays at 8:00am until 3:00pm PT/ET broadcasts original shows like Greeny Phatom, Geo's World, Luckie The Cute Girl Mouse, The New Adventures of Snaily the Snail, and Pinky Robot GX. It then got launched as a channel.
Greeny Jr. (2000-present)Edit
The block is seen on morning hours for preschoolers.
The Greeny Adult Channel (1993-present)Edit
The block is seen at 9:00 pm until 12:00 am PT/ET, but fridays at 10:00 pm until 12:00am PT/ET is seen adult animations like Superjail!, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Family Guy, also includes two cartoon series made by the greenytoons: Gorok The Angry Gorilla and Super Inflati-force. It also airs documentaries.
- The Greeny Channel
- The Greeny Channel 2 (On March 22, 2015)
- Greeny Jr.
- The Greeny Adult Channel
- The Greeny Movies
- The Greeny Channel Retro
- The Greeny Channel XD
- The Greeny Anime/Drama Channel
- The Greeny Comedy Channel
- The Greeny Latino Channel
- The Greeny Zone Channel
- The Greeny Horror Chanel
- The Greeny Signature Channel
- The Greeny Channel Rainbow Satellite
- The Greeny Channel 2 (1996-2003) (Will be relaunched on March 22, 2015)
- The Greeny Channel Educative (1989-2001)
- The Greeny Historical Channel (Only aired on Saturdays to Sundays; 2001-2012)
- The Greeny Anthology Channel (1999-2011)
- The Greeny Channel (Europe)(1988-1990; replaced by The Greeny Channel Rainbow Satelite)
- The Classics (Block on TGC, discontinued in 2005, and relaunched as The Greeny Channel Retro)
When the channel was first launched, the channel was encrypted using the Nagravision encryption system from Galaxy 1, the satellite that carried HBO, Cinemax, The Movie Channel, Showtime, The Disney Channel, TBS, CNN, among some. In 1992, the channel moved to Galaxy 5. When Galaxy 5 was taken out of orbit, the channel built their own satellite from scratch. It was launched in a faulty condition, and suffered a thruster failure early in its life, causing minor drift, meaning that it became permanently difficult to obtain a steady lock on the satellite. This was most notable on analogue transmissions where the picture would move from clear to carrying sparklies and back again. The satellite fell from the sky and smashed after falling from Space Shuttle Endeavour in orbit. The satellite was rebuilt and still orbited until it was taken out of orbit, and left to rest in a storage warehouse near TGC's headquarters.
- The Greeny Channel - where everything's a Greenytoon. (1988-1995)
- The Greeny Channel for you! (1995-2005)
- Enjoy The Greenytoons (2005-)